Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Coco

Where would the fashion world be without Coco Chanel? I recently watched “Coco Chanel" starring Shirley MacLaine, on T.V. It wasn’t horribly bad, but unfortunately felt very made for tv-ish. What I am really looking forward to is the French release of the biopic “Coco Avant Chanel”. This French dialogue film (apparently with no English subtitles – I will need to take a French crash course!) stars Audrey Tatou (you may remember her as the quirky lead character in Amelie) as ‘Gabrielle’ Coco herself. I have high hopes for her performance - I find her to be a likable and talented actress and think she will do wonders with this role.

Added bonus: Word has it that Karl Lagerfeld; Creative Director for the House of Chanel will be overseeing the recreations of the acclaimed designer’s attire for the film. The release date is April 22nd in France and unfortunately there is no word on when the North American release will be. I will have to be patient, but I really can’t wait to see it!

Some iconic Chanel looks that paved the way for what is and forever will be classic…


No comments:

Post a Comment